Uniform Policy 2017-2018
- ANY Solid in color, knit polo style.
- Short or long-sleeved, or oxford shirts for both boys and girls.
- All shirts must be tucked in.
- NO LOGOS, stripes, checks, patterns, or sleeveless shirts.
- Solid Navy Blue or Khaki in color.
- Uniform brand shorts, pants, skirts, skorts, jumpers, or capris.
- Bottoms can be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee.
- All bottoms must be worn at the waist and may not drag on the ground.
- All clothing with belt loops must be worn with a solid color belt.
- Absolutely no baggies, leggings, lycra, denim, or spandex fabric bottoms are permitted.
- SOLID NAVY BLUE with or without a school logo are permitted to be worn inside the building and in class.
- Hats, gloves, mittens, and non-uniform jackets or coats are only permitted OUTSIDE on cold days.
- Layering long-sleeved shirts under short-sleeved polo shirts is not permitted.
- Outer wear may not routinely be worn tied around the waist.
Shoes and Hosiery:
- Shoes must be closed toe, closed heel, and no higher than ½ inch. Sneakers or leather shoes are best.
- No Boots, sandals or platforms are allowed to be worn.
- Only solid color socks or tights may be worn. NO leggings “footless tights” may be worn
- School T-shirts with logo, approved by administration, may be worn on Fridays only for “School Spirit Day.”
- School Club T-shirts, school-sponsored only, may be worn only on the last Friday of each month.
- School T-shirts are available for sale in the school office.
What not to wear:
- No outrageous hair styles/cuts/coloring causing a disruption to the educational environment.
- No bandanas, triangle scarves, wide headbands or large hair accessories.
- No temporary tattoos.
- No large, dangling earrings or necklaces.
- No excessive wrist bands/bracelets.
- No long or fake fingernails
In addition to the School Based Mandatory Uniform Policy, the District Student Dress Code stated in the Code of Conduct is also enforced. The final decision as to whether an item is appropriate for school rests with the school administration.
NOTE: Students arriving at school out of uniform will change into a donated uniform. If none are available, parents will be called to bring appropriate clothing to school. Parents are asked to launder and return borrowed uniform items. Parents of students continuously violating the dress code will be called by school administration.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have a question or special circumstances that need to be addressed, please call the school at 267-1234 and ask for the principal.